Tuesday 8 March 2016

Documentary Evaluation.



The Planning for my documentary was easy as I already had an idea for everything I wanted to include such as where I was going to film, I chose to film in croydon shopping centre as it somewhere that I know I could get a lot of good shots where I can show where some homeless people are forced to find shelter.

Next I moved on to writing my script, i chose to keep my script basic and essential in order to make sure my audience didn't get annoyed with me using long and unnecessary complicated words. I also wanted my script to feel natural specifically during interviews so it was only my questions that had already been written.

Planning my shots was very important as i wanted to show first hand the kind of environments homeless people are staying in. to do this i had to visit the parts of croydon that are hidden by alley ways and car parks. I spent just one day filming as i felt confident that i had covered all the areas i had planned to in that space of time.

these are some of the facts and statistics i found online during research of my chosen topic, this helped me to give factual information during the documentary, it also produced a great reaction from the two people i chose to interview when I revealed these facts to them.


*7,500 people sleep rough on the streets of London every year.
*A lot of people end up homeless due to a relationship breakdown, redundancy, poor mental
health, alcohol/substance addiction, domestic abuse etc....

individual factors including lack of qualifications, lack of social support, debts - especially mortgage or rent arrears, poor physical and mental health, relationship breakdown, and getting involved in crime at an early age
family background including family breakdown and disputes, sexual and physical abuse in childhood or adolescence, having parents with drug or alcohol problems, and previous experience of family homelessness 
an institutional background including having been in care, the armed forces, or in prison.



ReasonNumber of accepted households, 2013/14% of total
End of assured shorthold tenancy13,65026%
Parents no longer able to accommodate8,52016%
Friends/ other relatives unable to accommodate6,66013%
Relationship breakdown with a partner: Violent6,13012%
Loss of other rented accommodation or tied housing3,0406%
Relationship breakdown with a partner: Other2,5505%
Rent arrears1,7403%
Mortgage arrears (repossession or other loss of mortgaged home)9902%
Other reasons2,5505%
Total52,270100%

No comments:

Post a Comment